Sugarhouse Entry enjoyed a long and varied history from the late 1600s until its eventual destruction in the World War 2 blitz
Opening originally in 1815 and rebuilt in 1877, Saint Patrick’s Church in Donegall Street Belfast remains one of Belfast’s landmark buildings
The Giant’s Ring is a Neolithic henge monument pre-dating the Egyptian pyramids. It is situated only 4 miles from Belfast city centre.
Joy Street is one of the best surviving examples of Georgian architecture in the heart of Belfast with a historic link to Charlie Chaplin
The Caldragh Cemetery on Fermanagh’s Boa Island is home to two ancient statues. One is ‘Badha’ – the Celtic Goddess of War or ‘battle fury’
A history of the Ballygally Castle Hotel situated in the village of Ballygally on the Antrim coast road with views over the Irish Sea.
Dundrum Castle is built on a hill looking south over the Bay of Dundrum, west towards Slieve Croob and east over the plains of Lecale.
The story of Saint Olcan and his Holy Well – for centuries a source of hope to pilgrims and those suffering. Every rag holds someone’s pain
The Belfast City Cemetery was opened in 1869 by Belfast Corporation. Nearly a quarter of a million people are buried in this tranquil place
Dunseverick Castle, now in ruins, was one of the key sites of ancient Ireland being situated on one of the five royal roads.
Would you like notifications of new Belfast Entries posts? OK No thanks